The grading system will include two separate grading scales:
1. Indicating student achievement related to curriculum expectations and the
NYS Learning Standards.
2. Indicating student effort which includes class participation, completion of
assigned work and homework, to name a few.
The grading system will include one grading scale. It will include two
1. Measuring student achievement related to curricular expectations
and NYS Learning Standards.
a. This accounts for at least 80% of the final grade and may include
tests, quizzes, projects, term papers, presentations, labs, oral
reports, book reports, etc.
2. Credits student effort
a. This accounts for no greater than 20% of the final grade and includes
class participation, compeltion of assigned work and homework, etc.
Expectations for all students:
1. To complete assigned class work and homework as directed.
2. To participate meaningfully in class discussions and activities in order to
receive course credit.
3. To make up work that is missed due to absence.
The student and/or the student’s parent(s)/guardian(s) should discuss with the student’s teacher an appropriate means of making up the missed work.
With the possible exception of absences intended by the student as a means of gaining an unfair academic advantage (e.g.to secure more time to study for a test), every effort will be made to provide students with the opportunity and assistance to make up work missed as a result of absence from class.
*Home – Academics – Grading System